Every day we gain more insight on how cannabis can improve our quality of life, and how important it is for the people around us who benefit from its medicinal properties.
However, an issue that is rarely discussed is whether cannabinoids can help other important members of our lives, our pets. It’s a fact that cannabis can improve the day-to-day lives of those around you, but can we improve our pets’ lives with cannabis as well? We can answer this question by understanding how CBD works in our body.
CBD is a chemical compound found in the cannabis plant that has several medicinal properties that do not cause psychoactive effects like THC. This cannabinoid interacts with our body through the endocannabinoid system, found in all mammals, which is responsible for controlling some biological processes like memory, sleep, and immunity.
How Can CBD Help My Pet?
Animals can be affected by numerous problems that can lead to body aches, seizures, anxiety, stress, nausea, and so on. Fortunately, with the advancement of research, we know that CBD is an agent that helps a lot in the treatment of these symptoms.
CBD is considered a great manager against various types of pain due to its power to absorb a chemical, anandamide, that helps mitigate the signs of brain pain and also because it is known to promote relaxation. In addition, CBD is known to treat various disorders by having potent anti-inflammatory properties.
You can check below the main ways of how Cannabis can help your pet:
- Analgesic Function: an aspect of cannabis we talk a lot about is the fact it’s an effective analgesic. Besides helping human being, this property of the plant also helps animals who need treatment with it.
- Anticonvulsivant: cannabis is a natural anticonvulsant. Thus, it helps control seizures, tremors, nervous tics, and spasms;
- Anti-inflammatory: one of the most known CBS properties is its anti-inflammatory effect, which helps humans and animals to relax;
- Anxiety and Stress: Researches show Cannabis reduces anxiety, depression and other mental disorders and as animals can also feel the symptoms of depression, anxiety, and others, CBD can help them like that;
- Antiemetic Effect: There are indications Cannabis has antiemetic properties (controls nausea and vomiting), as well as the property of stimulating the appetite;
- Tumor Growth Prevention: CBD can also control malignant tumors from spreading throughout the body, as well as helping to prevent cancer;
Is My Pet At Any Possible Risk By Using CBD?
There are not enough studies over this subject, but the Food and Drug Administration of EUA doesn’t mention any risks on pets using CBD. Although, it doesn’t mean it’s safe to use a dosage of CBD which was not recommended by a veterinary. Thus, let your veterinarian inform you if your pets can use edibles or cannabis oil.
And to prevent your pet from intoxication, here are some extremely important information you need to be aware of:
- Organic Products: whenever you buy a product with Cannabis for your pet, especially if it is oil, opt to buy reliable brands;
- Low Prices: avoid buying products with low prices or dubious quality because they may contain metals and other harmful substances. Don’t forget, you get what you pay for, so don’t make price a priority when it comes to the health of your pet.
- Analysis: Some manufacturers of cannabis products provide a certificate which tells the percentage of CBD and THC contained in the product. Try to opt for the most transparent brands, so you know exactly what you are buying.
Cannabis, without a shadow of a doubt, brings many benefits to humans and other animals around us. Today in the market there are many brands that produce products containing formulations specifically for our pets, however, it is always valid to remember that before buying any product, it is necessary to take your pet for an evaluation with a veterinarian to analyze what is the best option.
Knowing that we can count on cannabis to provide an even better and healthier life for our pets is comforting, and a way for us to repay a little of the joy they bring to our lives.
Here at BAS we offer the raw material for the manufacture of many products through our bulk oil wholesale, if you have a pet products’ brand or company and are interested in working with Cannabis oil, contact our team and get the best CBD oil to help treat various animals!