Many people suffer from chronic pain, which is typically masked by the use of anti-inflammatory medicines and pain reducers. However, what many consumers of these drugs may not know is that they are capable of doing a lot of harm to their health, in some cases even resulting in death.
Fortunately, there is a natural solution for the reduction of reliance on these medicines: Cannabidiol (or CBD). Cannabidiol is a substance extracted from Cannabis, which fights pain, inflammation and helps to soothe sore muscles, as well as restore their functionality.
Chronic Pain: What is it And How Can You Treat it?
You might be wondering what the chronic pain is. Chronic pain can be divided into the following categories:
- Nociceptive Pain: this type of pain is classified as an important biological function because it alerts the body of external or internal danger, reporting an injury or tissue damage (inflammation);
- Neuropathic pain: this type of pain fits the lesions of the nerve fibers and the painful impulses come from the neuronal structures and not from the nerve endings;
- Central Pain (or disorder of the central nervous system): more commonly known as Fibromyalgia, this is a chronic pain that spreads throughout the body, accompanied by fatigue and sleep disorders;
- Past injuries: some old injuries can be traumatic and the pain is still present in the person’s daily life;
- Joint injuries (such as arthritis): Joint wear, swelling, and pain are some of the symptoms a patient feels when having this injury;
- Migraines and headaches: a migraine leaves the patient sensitive to light and noises and, in some cases, they can spend days in bed.
CBD has properties that help reduce these types of pain without causing damage to the nervous system and can be administered in two ways: orally (for example, by capsules or oil, in addition to other variations of edible items) and topically (for example, oil infused lotions). Both methods are known to weaken the symptoms that cause pain and discomfort.
The right dosage for each patient varies., Typically, the edible form is used to treat muscle inflammations and the topical form is most commonly used for joint problems. Remember to always talk to your doctor about the advantages and disadvantages of using CBD to relieve pain.
Meet Dr.Kerklaan Therapeutics
One of our clients, Dr. Andrew Kerklaan, has more than 20 years of experience at the pulse of the global health and wellness industry. While caring for his patients, Dr. Kerklaan looked for additional, natural pain solutions and was inspired to research and explore the benefits of hemp CBD-based medicine.
Convinced of the need for trusted products that could deliver natural, CBD-based, non-psychoactive relief, Dr. Kerklaan worked in tandem with leading biochemists to develop a breakthrough in topical formulas. His company, Dr. Kerklaan Therapeutics provides the only Hemp CBD based brand formulated by a Doctor. Integrating his 20 years of healthcare, combined with 40+ years of some of the world’s top cosmetic biochemists, they have created the highest quality hemp CBD based products available on the market for Pain, Sleep, PMS & Skin.
You can learn more about their products on Dr. Kerklaan’s official website.
Cannabis and cannabidiol play a very important role in the treatment of chronic pain and we must understand that people who suffer from it deserve a treatment that not only soothes pain but also helps their body throughout the healing process, making their lives better.
Our mission at BAS Research is to improve society and heal the world with safe cannabis products. That is why we try our best to help those who seek alternative treatment and make their lives active and joyful again. That is why we seek to educate people who do not know about the benefits of cannabis treatments.
Learn More About CBD And How it Relates to Other Conditions
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace your healthcare professional. Consult with your healthcare professional to design an appropriate treatment for your medical condition.